Session 1: June 12-14
Session 2: June 19-21
Session 3: June 26-28
Session 4: July 3-July 5
Session 5: July 10 - 13
Session 6: July 17 - 19
Session 7: July 24 - July 26
Session 8: July 30 - August 2
June 12 - August 2 | $100
Tuesday-Thursday, 9am - 1pm | Ages 8-14
The 3 day interactive course will be lead by world-renowned sailing legend John Rumsey.
Rumsey has been involved in the sailing community for over 50 years. John learned to sail in the 1950s growing in San Francisco and later joined the North Sails in the 1960s and moved to San Diego. From there, he made sails and participated in numerous International Regattas. John moved to Hilton Head Island in 1977 to own and run Palmetto Bay Marina. Some of Rumsey's accomplishments include:
- Participated in 17 Trans-Pacific Races (California to Honolulu)
- Participated in 5 Trans Atlantic Crossings
- Winning Skipper of the 1982 Maxi boat World Championship in 1986
- Captain of the Square Rigged Ship HMS Bounty for Turner Broadcasting (1986-1990)
- Co-founder of the Hilton Head Island Community Rowing and Sailing Center (1996)
- Learn to sail in small boats single or double handed. Instructors are experienced sailors.
Learn a sport and skill that will last a lifetime!
Please bring/wear: water shoes or tennis shoes.
Camps are held at the Rowing and Sailing Center, 135 Squire Pope Road. Boats are provided by the Hilton Head Island Community Sailing organization.
Adult sailing sessions by appointment: 843.301.2150